Come join us to make a difference, or make a donation to help us continue to grow our legacy and impacts on our community.
Without your support and the support of our community partners we would not be able to continue make a difference in our community. Donations are the cornerstone of our ability to provide ongoing community stewardship.
Please consider a donation to support any number of our projects from building Tiny Homes; to making meals for Operation Night Watch; to providing parks and fully accessible playgrounds; to scholarships for deserving Mercer Island students; to the Peace Pole project and many more International humanitarian projects around the world As with the Polio eradication effort, Rotary has undertaken a major peace initiative in which our local club is actively supporting. Any amount helps to make a big difference-and you can specify where to direct you donation if desired in the notes field.
10 Impacts of Mercer Island Rotary Donations:
- Two Mercer Island graduates have $10,000 scholarships for college.
- Mercerdale Train Park has fully accessible play features.
- Hundreds of new trees have been planted in Washington state.
- Rotary Park trails and greenery is maintained.
- Operation Night Watch is able to provide food security to Seattle residents on the streets.
- Tiny homes have over 260 handmade new curtains for 6 Tiny Home Villages, offering privacy and personalization.
- Each year over 16 outstanding Mercer Island high school students are recognized as Rotary Students of the Month.
- The RCMI Foundation awards over $30,000 in local and international grants every year.
- Mercer Island Rotary partners with other Island organizations to advocate for NIGH (No Islander Goes Hungry) to fund the Youth & Family Services Emergency Services & Food Bank.
- Critical humanitarian aid is provided in partnership with other Washington Rotary clubs to provide clean water and sanitation projects in Africa and South America.
Senior Scholarship for College
Mercer Island Rotary Foundation
President’s Circle Founders
The last two years have been an unprecedented time of change for Mercer Island Rotary Foundation, and the entire world, as we faced multiple impacts of a global pandemic. At this time of increasing need for local projects, and dire circumstances for global communities, Rotarians have had to face constraints on participation, membership, and fundraising.
RISING TO THE CHALLENGE
Mercer Island Rotary Foundation is rising to the challenge with the creation of a long-term, sustainable, multi-faceted strategy to create annual and endowment funding to maintain and grow the critical services and impact of local and international grants, scholarships, and programs.
SUSTAINABLE LONG TERM SUPPORT
In this spirit of creating for the future – we are pleased to introduce a new giving group to support MIRF and the work necessary to set a sustainable five-year plan and a permanent endowment to create funding into perpetuity. The work in 2022-23 will be to create a comprehensive strategic funding and community engagement plan with individual giving, event fundraising, and sponsorship program development.
PRESIDENT’S CIRCLE FOUNDING MEMBER
MIRF recognizes the special leadership contributions that MI Rotarians have made for decades, and is launching The President’s Circle as the leadership group that will continue the legacy of generosity of service and giving. It is with gratitude and strategic plans for the future that we invite you to join the new Mercer Island Rotary Foundation President’s Circle as a founding member with a pledge to make an annual gift for the next five years at one of the following levels:
$ 20,000 Transform
$ 10,000 Inspire
$ 5,000 Connect
$ 2,500 Serve